The Bridgnorth Chamber of Commerce is officially affiliated to the Shropshire Chamber of Commerce.
The Board of Shropshire Chamber of Commerce feels that, now more than ever, it is important to work closely with the Town Chambers within the county. We need to work together in order to present a strong and joined-up voice on local and sub-regional issues.
We would look to extend to your members access to a range of Shropshire Chamber services and events.
Lobbying and Representation
The following opportunities are examples of where Bridgnorth Chamber of Commerce (BCofC) and Shropshire Chamber (SCofC) working together can benefit both organisations:
- Inclusion of BCofC representatives in meetings with Ministers, Business Leaders, local MPs, CEOs of Local Authorities, Council leaders;
- Inclusion of BCofC representatives where SCofC is part of a local, regional or national consultation process e.g. Regional Economic Strategy, Regional Spatial Strategy, Future of Business Support;
- Positioning the county’s Chambers strongly in any Economic Development / Inward Investment forums that are formed within the county.
Benefits to Bridgnorth Chamber of Commerce Members
It is important for BCofC members to feel that any closer links bring some direct benefits to their business. We propose that the following benefits could be extended to existing and future members of BCofC:
Shropshire Chamber Events
- Access to selected Chamber Member Benefits
- Opportunity to attend workshops and seminars;
- Opportunity to attend and take a trade stand at local Business Solutions events;
- Notification and invitation to all Shropshire Chamber Events;
- Note: Where appropriate, Shropshire Chamber members would like to be invited to BCofC events.
- 10% discount on tables at Annual Business Awards
- Access to Export Documentation Services
- Guest invitations to local Network Club
- Website Links between the ChambersShropshire Chamber Newsletter
- Distributed to all members
- bi-monthlyDiscount on training courses
- Opportunity to place advertisements at preferential rates
- Possible inclusion of BCofC news into the County Chamber’s Newsletter with contributions from all Chambers. This would be subject to further discussion and affordability
- Opportunities arising from closer working Publicity for both Chambers around working together to strengthen the voice of local business
- A stronger voice for Chambers across the county generally
- Opportunities for our members to network and work together
- Opportunity for BCofC members to access facilities at Trevithick House
- Member recruitment opportunities for both Chambers
- Member retention tool with extended benefit
- In order to formalise the relationship between the Chambers, Bridgnorth Chamber of Commerce can become affiliated to Shropshire Chamber of Commerce. Affiliation has no formal definition and no real obligations other than payment, by Shropshire Chamber of Commerce, of an annual fee to the British Chambers of Commerce. Other than the opportunity to promote closer ties and working relationships between our two organisations, affiliation will give linkages to the British Chambers of Commerce and the regional, national and international Chamber movement.
Affiliation and what it means:
From time-to-time, Shropshire Chamber organises meetings of the Town Chambers with guest speakers from such organisations as the Marches Local Enterprise Partnership; the Bank of England Agency for the West Midlands; Shropshire and Telford & Wrekin Councils and Local Tourism experts.